Raekwon Camp Issues Statement Regarding Joe Budden
A representative for Raekwon issued a statement this afternoon (August 11) refuting all reports that the Wu-Tang rapper has spoken about Saturday’s (August 8) altercation with Joe Budden. Since the confrontation between the two artists, which took place as Budden was doing a live webcast from backstage, multiple sources have claimed that Raekwon made an unofficial statement to fans during his performance at the San Manuel Ampitheater.
In a statement, however, a representative for Raekwon’s IceH2O said otherwise.
“Contrary to various reports that have been circulating on the internet since Saturday, Raekwon has made no statement, either official or unofficial, about a reported altercation that supposedly involved members of his entourage and rap artist Joe Budden,” the rep maintained. “This includes statements allegedly made to the staff of Rock The Bells. Raekwon and his associates are busy focusing on his company, IceH2O and preparing for the highly anticipated release of Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt. II.”
Following the alleged incident, Budden appeared on camera to approximately 800 fans, holding a towel and ice to the side of his face.
The Slaughterhouse rapper told viewers he had been hit in the side of the face and in the right shoulder.
Throughout the webcast, Budden and the others present were clear that Raekwon was not the alleged assailant, although Budden has since challenged Raekwon to a “square dance” or fist fight.
Raekwon’s highly anticipated follow up to his 1995 debut Only Built 4 Cuban Linx is scheduled to hit stores September 8.