50 Cent Addresses Tony Yayo Altercation; Russell Simmons Not Involved In Rally
Representatives immediately released statements denouncing the rapper’s involvement in the assault, but up until now 50 Cent has remained silent on the situation.
"As CEO of G-Unit Records, I take allegations swirling in the media regarding the alleged altercation against a teenage boy on Tuesday Mar. 20 in Manhattan very seriously,” 50 Cent said in a statement. “I have authorized an independent investigation of the incident to determine whether anyone associated with G-Unit Records was involved in the confrontation. I must state for the record, that I was at my home in Farmington, Connecticut the entire day completing songs for my new album.”
Although the allegations against 50 Cent are just that, they still cast a dark shadow on the rapper who has seen his share of negative publicity.
50 Cent has a harsh warning for those behind the allegations.
“A word of caution to anyone attempting to link me personally to this unfortunate incident for their own selfish motivations, I will vigorously pursue all legal remedies available to me to protect my professional reputation,” 50 Cent said in a statement.
Contrary to what was previously reported Russell Simmons and the Hip-Hop Summit Action Network will not be partaking in the public grievance and rally in Manhattan.
“We are not involved and we have no interest in the public debate over this issue,” Russell Simmons said. “While we condemn violence in all its forms we see our role as peace makers.”
Along with statements from 50 Cent and Simmons Violator CEO Chris Lighty accused Rosemond of extortion. According to Lighty, Rosemond is seeking a hefty sum over $1 million dollars from 50 Cent as a result of the incident involving Rosemond’s son.
The public grievance and Peaceful Rally For Change will take place in Manhattan on April 2 and participants will include Reverend Al Sharpton, various community and religious leaders, parents, and students.