Foxy Brown In Florida Without Permission, NY Probation Department Seeks To Incarcerate Rapper

 The New York City Department of Probation is seeking to have rapper Foxy Brown incarcerated, after she was arrested outside of a beauty supply store Thursday (Feb. 15) in Pembroke Pines, FL.

Brown was sentenced to anger management classes and three years probation in Oct. 2006, for assaulting two Manhattan nail salon employees over a $20 manicure in Aug. 2004.

According to Jack Ryan, a spokesman for the New York City Department of Probation, Brown never had permission from her probation officer to travel to Florida.

"We are asking the court to violate her probation and incarcerate her," Ryan told The New York Post.

Brown now faces up to a year in prison for violating the terms of her probation.

The fracas started while Brown and an associate were sampling beauty products at the Queen Beauty Supply Store in Pembroke Pines.

According to Queen Beauty Supply Store owner Sam Hayssam, he asked Brown to leave, because the store was closing.

"I told them they had to leave," Hayssam told local CBS 4. "She said 'I have to finish my hair, the glue is not working right and I need a different kind of glue so I can finish my hair."

Hayssam said he told Brown the store "was not a salon" and that's when Brown threw the hair glue and spit on him, before exiting the store.

Police arrived and found Brown in the shopping center and attempted to escort her back to the Queen Beauty Supply Store.

"I placed my hand on the defendants arm to escort her back and she swatted my hand away," the arresting officer wrote in his police report. "The defendant then started swinging her arms and struggling with me. I was forced to utilize a take down maneuver to gain control of the defendant."

Brown, born Inga Marchand, was charged with battery and resisting an officer with violence. She was released from jail yesterday (Feb. 16) afternoon, after a $1500 bond was posted.

Local CBS 4 caught footage of Brown, 27, and an unknown associate in a lime green running from the jail, into an awaiting cab.

Yesterday (Feb. 16), the store produced surveillance footage of Brown entering the store with an unknown female associate.

None of the alleged incident was caught on the surveillance footage and Brown appears to be calm upon exiting the store, while Hayssam is using his mobile phone, presumably calling police.

A man named James, who identified himself as Brown's brother, said that the reports detailing Brown's arrest are false.

"Anything alleged, it never happened. Everybody wants to soup something up and make it seem bigger than what it is," James Marchand said.

Discuss this topic