Welcome to RapGodFathers Community

Welcome to RapGodFathers Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, so come on over and register and join our MTVO Award Winning Music Forum. If you register and create a topic in our Introduction forum you will receieve 2 FREE weeks of VIP
  • Are you a Rapper? Producer? Graphic Designer? Come show us your skills
  • Join in one of our discussion forums and talk about your favorite rap artists, movies, and/or sports teams
  • Stay up to date on all your music, movies, sports, TV, & news needs
  • Compete against the community in our arcade
  • Enjoy betting on sports but hate losing the money? Join us in betting in our betting system. (NBA, NFL, UFC, MLB, Hockey, etc)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Ask Scrilla (sampling questions answered)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

?johNNy bLaZe?

?johNNy bLaZe?

Rap GodFather

• Members
  • 5,913 posts
  • 0 thanks
ho do u chop up a sample so it fits 1bar exactly??

?johNNy bLaZe?

?johNNy bLaZe?

Rap GodFather

• Members
  • 5,913 posts
  • 0 thanks

right click on tempo

then choose tap

now use the mouse to tap along w/ whatever sample you want to use.

i no that bu this is where i get annoyed where the fuck are you supposed to tap?

B A N G A

B A N G A

Tony Montana

• Members
  • 11,015 posts
  • 2 thanks
This Should Be A Sticky

DJBdock

DJBdock

Thug

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • 0 thanks

i no that bu this is where i get annoyed where the fuck are you supposed to tap?

count 1,2,3,4 1,2,3,4 1,2,3,4 1,2,3,4

reggie548

reggie548

Consigliere

• Members
  • 4,834 posts
  • 0 thanks
I want to sample So Many Tears for a song I want to do about my grandfathers, uncle, grandmothers(all dead).

Ramsfan17

Ramsfan17

Associate

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • 0 thanks

I want to sample So Many Tears for a song I want to do about my grandfathers, uncle, grandmothers(all dead).

well get it and chop it up

Lord Haynes

Lord Haynes

Frank Lucas

• Members
  • 7,181 posts
  • 2 thanks

count to 4 , snare are even numbers, so 1=kik 2=snare, 3=wutever a kik maybe 4=snare repeat, ya can d/l the 9th wonder remakes
http://rapidshare.co...iding_Place.rar
http://rapidshare.co..._you_Remake.zip

there is other sample remakes in my thread or i can make an example for ya

elpyromaniac

elpyromaniac

Hitman

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • 0 thanks
just search for musical timing.

it gets complicated.

theres the usual

1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 1 and 2 and so on

snares are almost always on 2 and 4.

most songs are in 4/4 time but some others just get crazy.

Scrilla

Scrilla

Untouchable

• Members
  • 3,296 posts
  • 4 thanks

you can put it into your playlist as an automation clip and stretch it or you can time stretch it in the sample properties. OR you can adjust the tempo until it loops around with no gaps or overlay.

?johNNy bLaZe?

?johNNy bLaZe?

Rap GodFather

• Members
  • 5,913 posts
  • 0 thanks
^^must spread.

?johNNy bLaZe?

?johNNy bLaZe?

Rap GodFather

• Members
  • 5,913 posts
  • 0 thanks
this is a great thread, i lik it how all the other more educatd members are helpin out..

good lookin' fam..

reggie548

reggie548

Consigliere

• Members
  • 4,834 posts
  • 0 thanks

well get it and chop it up

I got the instrumental but I'm new to sampling so I really don't even know where to start.

elpyromaniac

elpyromaniac

Hitman

• Members
  • 458 posts
  • 0 thanks
well listen to the song entirely and find the pieces you want to use and manually chop them.

or

have a vst that can sample and auto chop it and mess w/ it.

theres is no real right or wrong way to chop a sample...

shit im still learning how too.

Scrilla

Scrilla

Untouchable

• Members
  • 3,296 posts
  • 4 thanks

I got the instrumental but I'm new to sampling so I really don't even know where to start.

U talkin about that so many tears joint? that samples Stevie Wonder - That Girl.
Get the original and use that. When you're chopping you're generally going to be looking for distinct chords and sounds to cut out and rearrange.

reggie548

reggie548

Consigliere

• Members
  • 4,834 posts
  • 0 thanks
So when I begin chopping it up(I'm using edison) you said look for specific instruments? Because I cut out like a portion of the beat to use. I'm also having trouble doin' some other stuff I'ma pm you about.

Thanks in advance.

WhoIsAk

WhoIsAk

Capo

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • 0 thanks
Props on all the Contributors in this thread all of this knowledge is over appreciated....Good Lookin my net niggas! Yo Banga Get some Logic Tips in here mayne...

reggie548

reggie548

Consigliere

• Members
  • 4,834 posts
  • 0 thanks
yah i figured the playlist thing out but now when i clone the selected it keeps makin the next pattern play the exact same way. Like per say I have the first pattern to be the opening of the song a simple hi hat going "t t t" and then I want the second pattern to start the beat. Well everytime I change any one of the buttons or anything on one pattern it changes on the next even when I don't press clone. I don't understand why the patterns keep changing to be identical even if I don't want them to be.

Basically, if I change something on one pattern every other pattern also changes and it's pissin' me off because I can't stop it. It's like I can't even change one little fuckn instrument without every other pattern I've done to do the same thing. If I say okay I'm done with you and I don't want to play this instrument in the next pattern well if I unhighlight that button it'll unhighlight it for the one I did want to play it in.

Edited by reggie548, 29 June 2009 - 08:19 AM.

Scrilla

Scrilla

Untouchable

• Members
  • 3,296 posts
  • 4 thanks

yah i figured the playlist thing out but now when i clone the selected it keeps makin the next pattern play the exact same way. Like per say I have the first pattern to be the opening of the song a simple hi hat going "t t t" and then I want the second pattern to start the beat. Well everytime I change any one of the buttons or anything on one pattern it changes on the next even when I don't press clone. I don't understand why the patterns keep changing to be identical even if I don't want them to be.

Basically, if I change something on one pattern every other pattern also changes and it's pissin' me off because I can't stop it. It's like I can't even change one little fuckn instrument without every other pattern I've done to do the same thing. If I say okay I'm done with you and I don't want to play this instrument in the next pattern well if I unhighlight that button it'll unhighlight it for the one I did want to play it in.

I think I see what you got going on. Don't unhighlight the button, you need to delete whatever you played in piano roll or clear out the step sequencer. If you turn off the instrument it will turn it off altogether.

Lord Haynes

Lord Haynes

Frank Lucas

• Members
  • 7,181 posts
  • 2 thanks

I think I see what you got going on. Don't unhighlight the button, you need to delete whatever you played in piano roll or clear out the step sequencer. If you turn off the instrument it will turn it off altogether.

sounds kinda right i guess, i was confused of wut the question was, i never had a issue like that before when starting out

jackbauer06

jackbauer06

Capo

• Members
  • 2,467 posts
  • 14 thanks
Im looking forward how to chop and screw a track in FL studio?
Hope you know it.

greetingz jack06:cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users