Photo

Do you agree or disagree with this RANT!!!!!!!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Stillmatic

Stillmatic

MVP

• Members
  • 16173 posts

JEEBS

JEEBS

Hometown Hero

• Members
  • 31963 posts
i agree. and im one of them. (duty)

but. i basically only play 2 games a year, and only pay for duty DLC

and i get my moneys worth out of duty so its alright. but i do agree it is fucking stupid

Atlkid

Atlkid

Tony Montana

• Members
  • 10524 posts

agree it is fucking stupid

:werd2:

OutlawNinja

OutlawNinja

Street Boss

• Members
  • 764 posts
For me this all started with the success of World of Warcraft.
Buy the game and still pay a monthly fee to play.
Other companies saw the success of this concept and thought we gotta get some of this.
My best days of gaming were on Americas Army, totally 100% free game that didn't require a Cray computer to run it.
I am guilty of complaining but still playing these money spinning games .. why ?? because ultimately that is what all your friends are playing.
MW3 came out and we were all, oh fuck no dedicated servers again, they fked us again ... 2 weeks later playing that shit.
Ultimately, like that dude said, they don't give a flying fuck about us, the consumer .... Till we stop paying for this shit!

Tr1gga-lake

Tr1gga-lake

Tony Montana

• Members
  • 12453 posts
i obviously agree with the guy and thats how i justify owning modded consoles. What i disagree with was when he said 32 bit and 16 bit were the best gaming. I still think the xbox 360 is the best console, due to facts as shelf life (they had it out for a longggg time), game library(large and great game, wii fails at the second part), and good online play. N64 is better than the 32 bit games too though :/

Subzi

Subzi

Hoodie.n.Snowflake

• Members
  • 12258 posts
Thats why I stick to Madden. NBA2k, and maybe Skate. So yes I agree with the rant. I know they do the patches and shit but I dont really do shit but play franchise and my player shit. :shrug:

But one thing... dude went to a party and talked about video game generations? That's a little... iunno...

Edited by Subzi, 28 March 2012 - 05:38 AM.

SHADY 21

SHADY 21

Consigliere

• Members
  • 2786 posts
totally agree. The only game I buy every year is Madden and NBA 2K series. Bought the last 2 COD's but I dunno if i'll get the next one or not. This made me miss my sues though, gonna have to break that back out.

Grahf16

Grahf16

Frank Lucas

• Members
  • 7411 posts
I agree 100%.

The only games I buy for 360 now are games I could definitely revisit no matter what how much time passes by, such as Deathsmiles, Otomedius Excellent, Sonic Generations, and shit like that.

After Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 came out in the SAME year as Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, I told myself I will NEVER buy a Capcom game ever again. Like the guy on the video said, Street Fighter X Tekken has "unlockable" (more like purchasable) characters, which are Day 1 DLC. There was even talks that the character data was already on the disc to begin with.

I totally understand and can relate to that guy. I have been exclusive to the SNES - PS2 Generation of games lately

I predict another videogame market crash just like in the early 80's before 2015.

Edited by Grahf16, 29 March 2012 - 11:38 PM.

Kuяυρт

Kuяυρт

Whatever it is -- I didn't do it!

• Members
  • 5282 posts
Agreed.

Right now the COD company's are probably the most money grabbing whores. Since I'm good getting free DLC, I'm saving a lot of money.

The worst concept right now is how if you wanted to play a used game or borrow of a friend you gotta pay extra $$$ to get the activation code and play online these days. :smh:

Jah Wise

Jah Wise

Don Corleone

• Made Men
  • 55094 posts
yea i guess

shadydvl

shadydvl

Don Corleone

• Made Men
  • 24042 posts
just download them for free. they dont give a fuck about you. you dont give a fuck about them. they still get rich. you still play the game. everybody is happy except for them because they want to be more rich.

AntiMatter

AntiMatter

Consigliere

• Members
  • 3176 posts
this only happened because the video game industry has become taken over by the biggest corporations (EA, Activision-Blizzard, Ubisoft).
Their sole goal is to profit, profit, profit by any means

Grahf16

Grahf16

Frank Lucas

• Members
  • 7411 posts

this only happened because the video game industry has become taken over by the biggest corporations (EA, Activision-Blizzard, Ubisoft).
Their sole goal is to profit, profit, profit by any means

It is very unfortunate. EA has helped out a bunch of small companies get their games out (Dice, Harmonix, Criterion, Lionhead, Maxis, etc), and they had some truly innovative games at one point in time (Mirror's Edge, Burnout, Black & White, Sim City), but now, everything is just another sequel. I truly miss the days when Sega had in house developers (Smilebit, AM2, Sonic Team, Hitmaker) that made truly innovative games (Panzer Dragoon Saga, Crazy Taxi, Chu Chu Rocket, Jet Grind Radio, Virtual On, etc).

Plasmasnake

Plasmasnake

Nigga Nigga Nigga Nigga Nigga - I'm 100% Nigga.

• Members
  • 6354 posts
I find a lot of good games to play..and I don't own a single COD game.
Last few game I beat was Arkham City..and I'm still playing Dark Souls

Edit: No I'm not watching this dude rant for 11minutes but I guess I get what he's saying from reading the comments.
and I disagree. Of course a lot of the companies are like that (Activation) but I don't see how someone
could own a ps3 and 360 and not find a good amount of games to play...I can't even finish all the shit I got

Edited by Plasmasnake, 31 March 2012 - 01:35 AM.

Larry Darker

Larry Darker

Monster 0

• Members
  • 2342 posts
8 bit>

Grahf16

Grahf16

Frank Lucas

• Members
  • 7411 posts

8 bit>

32 bit > 16 bit > 8 bit

AntiMatter

AntiMatter

Consigliere

• Members
  • 3176 posts

I find a lot of good games to play..and I don't own a single COD game.
Last few game I beat was Arkham City..and I'm still playing Dark Souls

Edit: No I'm not watching this dude rant for 11minutes but I guess I get what he's saying from reading the comments.
and I disagree. Of course a lot of the companies are like that (Activation) but I don't see how someone
could own a ps3 and 360 and not find a good amount of games to play...I can't even finish all the shit I got

listen to the vid your post has nothing to do with what he's saying

Plasmasnake

Plasmasnake

Nigga Nigga Nigga Nigga Nigga - I'm 100% Nigga.

• Members
  • 6354 posts

listen to the vid your post has nothing to do with what he's saying

Can you not read I'm not about to watch this dude rant for 11 minutes.
And of course my post has to do with what he's saying, I can read the comments.
Again, of course there are franchises being milked and companies half assing games.
But there are plenty of great games out there.

inb4 you repeat yourself instead of furthering the discussion -.-

Stillmatic

Stillmatic

MVP

• Members
  • 16173 posts
who says u got to watch all 11 minutes, his main points are in 1st 5 minutes cant agree or disagree with a rant u didnt even listen to, so at least watch first 5 mins

Grahf16

Grahf16

Frank Lucas

• Members
  • 7411 posts

Can you not read I'm not about to watch this dude rant for 11 minutes.
And of course my post has to do with what he's saying, I can read the comments.
Again, of course there are franchises being milked and companies half assing games.
But there are plenty of great games out there.

inb4 you repeat yourself instead of furthering the discussion -.-

I'm pretty sure you clearly have better things to do than waste 11 minutes watching a Youtube video :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users